Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:06:44 -0400
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: :      Re: vanagon lowering springs
Comments: To: Wolfvan88@AOL.COM

Having had H&R springs on a camper, I must say that I agree with Robert.

I will be listing my used H&R springs on Ebay this weekend for anyone who is interested. I need to get them out of my living room.

Todd '88 Westy

Wolfvan88@AOL.COM wrote: > Joseph, The Bus Depot springs are most likely the same as the Bus Boys.

Dus Depot's are $115 less.

These springs drop the vanagon to the same height as the stock 87 to 92 ride height.

These are about same stiffness as the stock springs.

The H&R springs drop the van, in the front about 1/2" further down and the back about 1" further down than the stock type replacements. They ride a bit tighter than the Boge springs.

If you have a camper, the ride would be a bit tighter due to the extra weight the camper adds.

If you want a tight sport feel and do not have a camper, than the H&R springs are a better choice.

But if you want to keep the same ride, but just lower the van from the PRE 1987 high height, than the springs from the Bus Depot will do that and save you some money.

You could also add a set of sway bars, heavier in front and then add one to the rear to improve cornering without losing the softer ride.

Robert