Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:01:17 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Spark Plug Failure
Comments: To: RAlanen@AOL.COM

Broken insulators are caused by excessive heat or pre-ignition, ping. These conditions can be caused by over advanced timing, lean fuel mixture, or excess carbon causing increased compression. Unbalanced/worn injectors or small vacuum leaks can cause some cylinders to run lean. In addition to the compression check, do a leak down test. better indication of actual condition. Check injector seals and manifold boots. Carbon build up on intake valves can also cause mixture imbalance.

Good luck, Dennis