Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:07:05 -0500
From:         andrewbell <andrewbell@QWEST.NET>
Subject:      of St.Paul/Minneapolis, MN Vanagon shops and Vanagonites
Comments: cc: Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM>,
          "jjbbhome@ll.net" <jjbbhome@ll.net>

Welcome to Minnesota!

I use a mechanic in Cokato, Minnesota (45 miles West on MN Highway 12). His name is Brian Balsadis, and he has a shop called Vintage Performance. Honest and low rates because he's in the sticks; and a great mechanic. He is a TIICO authorized installation guy, too.

In my experience over the past four years of his servicing my '84 GL, he has done major rust removal, and lots of mechanical work. His specialty is mechanical, though does complete body and interior. He's AC certified, but I've never had him do anything except remove all my AC junk. He has a flat bed and trucked my Van out to his shop after my clutch failed (the only time I was let down by the Van, and it was at my house...). The only thing he said he couldn't repair/rebuild is a Syncro tranny. "Too many very important, small, expensive, fragile pieces involved that I've never seen."

Here's his info:

Brian Balsadis / Vintage Performance jjbbhome@ll.net 320-286-2369

By the way, all the Vanagons live in Minneapolis, too! Just kidding... a couple live in Saint Paul!

Call me or him for more info -

AB