Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:16:28 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: HELP ME!!! I pulled my pistons but forgot to mark my
              sleeves!!!!!!!!!!! Does it matter which way the cylinder sleeves
              stamped on the sided in increments. Some kind of ID on each on
              But then there are then there is one digit that goes in
              increments (22..24..26..28 ) for each cylinder. I did honed the
              glazed out of the cylinders because I'm re-ringing them...So What
              should I do.???? GOD help ME PLEASE!!!!
Comments: To: kazzpar@juno.com

Don't forget that all the little arrows on the pistons points towards the flywheel. If you have hydraulic lifters set them to one turn from just touching.

***************[ Engine break in]****************** Install 20/50 Wt engine oil, new oil filter. Run the engine at 2000 RPMs for about twenty minutes. It will take a while for the lifters and everything to settle in so you'll have noise, smoke and stink. Change the oil and filter after this 20 minute run in. Drive the vehicle at 2000 RPMs or less for 200 miles. Change the oil, filter and clean the strainer. Install 20/50 wt oil. Drive the vehicle another 600 to 800 miles keeping the engine at less than 2000 RPMs and change the oil and filter again. You should check your lifter setting at this time and check for any oil leaks. After you've got this break in done you should wait about 5000 to 8000 miles before you go onto the higher quality synthetic oils.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:29:05 -0400 Thomas Bartnicki <kazzpar@JUNO.COM> writes: > e-mail me as soon possible PLEASE. Kazzpar05@aol.com > thanks in advance > Tom B. > Bear, Delaware. > ________________________________________________________________ > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.