Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:02:51 -0500
From:         selten2 <selten2@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: TIICO oxy sensor, torque converter, and misc questions
Comments: To: vgonman@EARTHLINK.NET

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean B." <vgonman@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 12:25 PM Subject: TIICO oxy sensor, torque converter, and misc questions

> The instructions for the TiiCo kit only mention the OXS in the final tuning > section. Does this mean that there is wiring for the OXS in the harness? Or > do we still need to wire it ourselves? If so, I see on the pin out for the > ECU 2 places to plug the OXS in, but there are 3 wires attached to it. > Where does the 3rd wire go?

you must get VW part,# 000 979 131, which is a female connector that you can push into the ECU connector after you have opened it up . You need to install this female into the hole for pin #38 . If you look at the face of the ECU connector closely you can see printed # 's at the ends of the rows of holes. starting from a known end count in until # 38 has been reached. Double check and install the connector.Splice the new wire into the green one running to the O2 sensor. This is your signal wire and the other two are thepower and ground for the heat element in the O2 sensor. The shielding around the green wire can be skinned back and twisted and grounded at any clean bare spot. I put mine right in the same area as the ECU and the fused relay on the end of the main harness.

>Longer torque converter bolts?

This one is actually quite a challenge; try any and all resources that carry Metric hardware and be sure that the bolts are the proper grade.

. The TiiCo kit has three studs and the starter bolt/nut. Do I just > remove that upper driver's side stud, drill out the hole, and use a longer > bolt, or what?

Remove the upper driver side stud and use a bolt . If it is an auto kit ,you must use a spacer to reinforce the bellhousing webbing on top. I had a bolt available from some where off of the Wasser I took out.

Tom Czerniak