Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:39:39 -0400
From:         Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>
Subject:      Re: fuel pressure regulator and manifold vacuum experiment

Hi,

I have one of these vacuum guages and I have borrowed Robert Lilley's fuel pressure guage, so I will give your test a try next week. I measured it last weekend at 32 psi unconnected and 39 psi connected -- slightly too high but not enough to worry about, I hope. I forgot to plug the manifold vacuum hose, though, so I need to repeat this measurement. (What does the g stand for in psig?)

While attempting to evacuate my AC system, I noticed the MV as 10" to 12" Hg just as you state. Do you think I have a leak somewhere -- I hadn't thought that it might should be 15".

Thanks, Michael Townsend 90 Carat Durham NC

PS. Finally got my R-134a charged this morning -- looking forward to a cool drive home!