Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:23:56 -0600
From:         Jeff and Tamara Nelson <ramjeff@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: TIICO oxy sensor, torque converter, and misc questions
Comments: To: Bill Knight <bill.knight@USA.NET>

Bill, Sean, et al,

I HAD to drill a hole in my trans for the third stud. I have an 86 AT with the cast iron bell housing. My bell-housing had 2 holes that lined up fine with the 2 studs in the TIICO engine while the other non-starter stud lined up with a tapped hole in the bell-housing. Not only was this hole threaded but it did not go entirely through the bell-housing, i.e. there wasn't a hole to put a bolt into.

What I did was drill the hole (11.5 mm) all the way through and then cut a slot for the nut/wrench. I can send a picture if that would help.

Bill, do you have p.n. for the type-1 studs. I was going to get some at a hardware store. The studs that came on the engine are 9.00 cm long as far as I can tell and I think I need some about 6.5 cm. I couldn't find any that size in EKTA. Does this jive with your experience?

-jeff

----Original Message----- > Lastly, my old 2.1l auto used 2 studs at the bottom of the motor, a bolt at > the upper driver's side and the starter bolt/nut on the upper passenger > side. The TiiCo kit has three studs and the starter bolt/nut. Do I just > remove that upper driver's side stud, drill out the hole, and use a longer > bolt, or what?