Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:59:06 -0700
From:         Coby Smolens <cobys5@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Switch not referenced in the Bentley Manual
Comments: To: Ed Shultz <eshultz@genuity.com>

Sure sounds like a light switch to me. Light kit will probably come with a relay, you should probably use one with the switch unless you know that it's rated for at least the amperage your lights will pull through it (might be indicated on the switch). I think most light kits come with a relay anyhow...

Coby

-----Original Message----- From: Ed Shultz [mailto:eshultz@genuity.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:08 PM To: Coby Smolens; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Switch not referenced in the Bentley Manual

At 04:35 PM 08/22/2001 -0700, Coby Smolens wrote: >If it's a little tiny green light that comes on when the switch is on, it's >your rear window defogger. Normally this is mounted above the hazard light >switch, but I've seen people manage to switch 'em. There are usually only >two switches on the right side, so if there are three, this was an addition. >If it's the rear defogger switch you COULD use it for a light switch, as >long as you are ONLY using it to control a relay that feeds battery power to >the lights. This switch is NOT heavy enough to handle the constant load >going to auxiliary headlights.

This one is beneath the hazard switch, bottom most position. This third one has a glyph of a head lamp on it with small light rays pointing down. The switch also has 3 positions.

Ed Shultz, RCDD GENUiTY, Inc. Manager, Network Systems Design NSD Home Page: http://eng-web.genuity.com/net-eng/ipeng/nsd/ipnsd.htm V: 781-262-4324, F:781-262-2744, P:1151209@skymail.com