Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:05:38 -0700
From:         Richard Young <ryoungwpor@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Busses by the Buoy
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com

Sorry for the lengthy post!!

Here is information regarding BBtB. As you can see we have been working very hard at putting together a fun filled, relaxing weekend.

This year we will be invading the wonderful town of Brunswick. The dates are September 14,15 and 16th. We will be hosting Busses by the Buoy at Thomas Point Beach in Bruinswick, Maine. Directions are as follows: FROM THE SOUTH: Exit 9 off Interstate 95 to Brunswick. FROM THE NORTH: Exit 24 off Interstate 95 (Topsham) to Brunswick. IN BRUNSWICK, take Rt.1 to Cook's Corner, BNAS, Islands-Exit (Rt.24) straight. Just off Rt.24. Follow signs, only three more miles!

Please call them and let them know you would like to reserve a spot. The number is (207) 725-6009. If you have never been there, it is rather large and there are numerous things for people to do. I have personally tried out the slides on the playground and let me tell you they are fast! I would suggest bringing an extra extension cord. The electrical hookups are far between. But, there is electricity. I remember a few years ago, electricity wasn’t even a problem. No one wanted electricity. My how times have changed. Now I need my microwave and laptop computer, not to mention my hairdryer to blow-dry what hair I have left!! In the brochure, it says pets are not allowed. Please disregard that, as we are allowed to bring pets.

We have a great weekend planned or not planned depends on what your idea of a vacation is. There is a rumor flying around on vanagon.com about a sailboat coming up for the weekend. Anyone for day cruises? For you consumers, Freeport and the home of LL Bean is right next door. Who needs some retail therapy??

The lobster dinner will be the same as last year. Same folks. Please let us know as soon as possible at the campground if you want lobster. Kathy Haynes will be the lobster captain as in years past!! Yeah Kathy!!!

Ben & Jerry’s has once again donated ice cream. Who wants to scoop ice cream? I think this year I will enlist the help of Dave Wallace. Not only is he printing our shirts for the weekend, he will be scooping our ice cream. I like teams, so why not have Roger Plante help Dave scoop? Roger designed the shirts!!

I have been on the phone with tons of Volkswagon related vendors and this years raffle should be just as good as last years, if not better!!! I have a tent from Eurocampers.com, an awning from Equinox, a towing hitch from Dennis Haynes, gift certificates from the Bus Depot, Van-Again, PLF, rocky Mountain Motorworks, $200 off an engine from Tiico, something from Fiamma, wonderful dinner with me!!! and catalogs from every person you could think of. Tickets are $1.00 each.

We will be having the potluck breakfast again and this year Bill Kaehrle from Ct will be the breakfast captain. Good luck and welcome aboard. This is his first year and he wanted to be involved. Lets hope he comes back next year!! These are the items that he is looking for. I can’t wait for breakfast!! baked goods fruit medleys breakfast meat items (including hash of course) charcoal grill station for meat items (ham/sausage) ? egg dishes other main dishes incl. veggie/soy choices omelet station setups – pans - stoves omelet station food prep items chafing dishes and sterno juice coffee, coffee station fixings please contact Bill @ highrpm@home.com or just stop by and see him at the campground.

The lineup for the weekend is as follows: Friday Check in Relax Hang out BRING THE COMMITTEE ADULT BEVERAGES Let us know how many lobsters you want. Go shopping (Freeport, Brunswick) Hang out and relax Saturday Check in if you haven’t yet Relax Hang out BRING THE COMMITTEE ADULT BEVERAGES Let us know how many lobsters you want before 1pm Go shopping Hang out and relax Lobster dinner Raffle Ben & Jerry’s ice cream Sunday Pot luck breakfast Pack up Line up for caravan Drive home

***notice the adult beverages*** this is very imperative to a smooth running event!!!

I hope this is everything you could ever want in a letter. If you have any questions, please e-mail me @ bussesbythebuoy@yahoo.com. Or you can call me @ (207) 799-0129

Thanks and see you in a few weeks.

Rich