Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:46:10 -0400
From:         Isaac Taylor <itaylor@MEDIAONE.NET>
Subject:      Re: aggressive tires needed (LOOKY HERE!)

If you want some serious gravel-spec tires, you might talk to Peter Malaszuk at QS Motorsport in Conn. They're selling a veritable *herd* of Michelin M3's and M4's s one of their (SCCA class champion) rally cars. Tread design is a little dated, but so are our vans... and these are fantastic tires run on rally VW's around the world. There's a set of competition-grade Michelin rims as well. Everything's 14-inch.

I believe it's all used, but likely very low stage-miles; this was a factory team, swapping tires with subsidized abandon.

http://www.rallyplanet.com/index.php?&pid=545

For those of you in the sunny southwest, there's 5 slicks available too . I know from talking to these guys that this stuff won't be cheap in absolute terms (last I heard +/- $1500 OBO for package) but if you shop at Costco because you like the volume discount on a gross of hot dogs, this could be the deal for you. More Michelin rally rubber at: http://www.libra-racing.com/tires.htm

Isaac in Cambridge