Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:13:35 -0700
From:         pedro dos santos <pedrokrusher@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      RE; looking for a high roof

Hi Jean Baptiste

I am also looking for a high roof for over a year now and I can give you the info that I have found. The ones that i have found are just located way too far for me, and I guess for you too. With your french name and the location you are looking for, I guess you are from Quebec, aren't you? Anyway, here's the info.

1-profi high roof in Eugene, Oregon. B&R junk yard. Phone: 1 800 452 2623. Talk to Cliff. The good: 100$ US with all the windows and moon roof! The bad: I called them 4 months ago and somebody had cut off some small part of the high roof. they say it's easily reparable if you know how to work with fiberglass. The ugly: it's on the other side of the continent for us! if you wanna see how it looks: www.dehler-profi.de. Your jaw is gonna drop, Hold it tight.

2-Some very tall unknown high roof in BC, Canada. Valley West auto parts. Phone: 1 800 644 5441. Fax: 250 494 0010. Talk to Brigitte. I have sent them a fax with different pictures of high roofs and they couldn't identify it ( a westfalia high roof, a reimo pop top HIGH roof, a vw kombi transporter thing high roof and a very high unknown high roof). Anyway, it's still too far for me and they were asking too much money. they had a pop top for sale also. This was at least 6 months ago.

3-Adventurewagen high roof. I called Ed Anderson from adventurewagen (ph: 707 964 4298 and 937 5189) in California and he still has the original mold to fabricate a brand new high roof. He kept it for insurance purpose, so if somebody hit something that was too low, it could be replaced. He no longer converts vw. He does conversions on GM or ford vans now.

4- high roofs from Europe$$$$$$ just forget about this one. A company here in Quebec, and eurocampers.com made some research for me and the cost of transport kills everything. Want a hint? A reimo pop-top like the popular westfalia would cost me 6000$CAN(4000$US). you better get one from a junk van (or Chris Turner for 350$US). Or if you win the lottery...

5- Find a company that does fiberglass for big rigs like 18 wheelers, or custom body kits for sports cars. I just found out that a friend of mine worked in a company like that and he just started his own company. He wants to do a custom high roof for me, but I dont have the money at the moment. It would be way cheaper than importing one to america.

Beleave it or not, that's all that I had found over a year. High roofs are very very rare in america, not like Europe...

Hope this helps.

Pedro dos Santos vanagon carat 91 pedrokrusher@yahoo.com