Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:36:24 +0100
From:         Richard Stevens <resteven@BTINTERNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure gauge
Comments: cc: "Moritz, Thomas W NWW" <Thomas.W.Moritz@NWW01.USACE.ARMY.MIL>

I too have an oil pressure alarm "fault". With my T25 1989 2.1l the alarm blips in around the 2000 rpm mark and can be instantly reset if the revs are increased above 2k. The oil pressure has been checked by two independent garages and both confirm that the pressure is "within limits". As a precaution the pressure switches have been changed on two occasions.The circuitry has been checked and is said to be OK. I have checked against the Bentley manual and yes its OK but the fault is still there. There have been many other T25s with similar faults listed but as yet I have not seen any solutions, in the meantime it is very annoying to say the least. Somebody somewhere must be able to shed some light in rectifying this problem! I did read in a magazine, issue three of VW Camper and Commercial, that if the crankshaft end float exceeds .007 thou then there can be a catastrophic pressure drop but without removing the gearbox and freeing up the crank to measure the end float how else can one check? The problem remains but in my case it has been intermittent for about a year now and the engine is still going

Regards. Richard Stevens