Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:02:00 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Re: [Syncro] Diff Lock Air Switch Importation (& other
              special syncro parts)
Comments: To: Syncro@onelist.com

John Wessels has struck a mighty blow for the Syncro with his extraordinary triumph against the Euromogs and Pinzgaurs, reported here on the list about a week ago. He forwarded to us real posts from Euromog and Pinzgaur owners saying that the performance of the syncro was causing them tears of dismay and envy while their giant rigs lay impotent at the bottom of the hill. Like a mighty warrior off to slay the dragon, he ventured into their lair and returned in glory that shines down upon us all and elevates our credibility in the world at large.

Uh....ahem...that said, it is no surprise that he below responds with important information to augment the post I made earlier today regarding the diff lock switch. His post belongs in the archives, hence I am hereby forwarding it for the benefit of current and future researchers, along with a little added flowery writing.

>From: EUROMOG@aol.com >Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:41:56 EDT >Subject: Re: [Syncro] Diff Lock Air Switch Importation (& other special >syncro parts) >To: derekdrew@rcn.com >X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows sub 104 > >Hello Derek, > >For the addition of the front locker switch there are two other required >parts to mount it. First is a plastic bracket part #251 711 850. This part is >no longer available through VWoA I am told by my dealer. I got the last in >inventory for a customer's Syncro and still need this part to properly >mount my >front diff switch. So if you are ordering new vacuum switch's please get this >mounting bracket as well. Also needed is a nut part #7D0955243. >I do have this part so I do not need >it. But again those adding the front locker will. This mounts the switch >mount to the plastic face plate. Also needed is the hard plastic vacuum line >down to the vacuum box on the diff. I have plenty extra of this if anyone >needs any. The bulb that fits into the socket for the "On" light will also be >needed as it is missing. The Osram part # for this bulb is 2721 and is >readily available. I have this in stock as well. The wire harness is there to >plug into the switch on the locker diff housing. Chris Weddle has the vacuum >boxes in stock for the lockers. > >Thanks, > >John Wessels

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew CEO & Co-Founder http://www.ConsumerSearch.com/ New York, NY =========================== "Best Expert Review Site" for product reviews on the Internet Jan. 2001, PC World Magazine ========================== derekdrew@rcn.com 212-580-6486

Alternate numbers for the industrious phone caller that wants to try every avenue: 212-580-6486 (best), 917-848-6425 (cell); 202-966-7907 (Work), 212-580-4459 (Home), 202-966-0938 (Home), 978-359-8533 (fax [efax]), 212-269-3188 (New York Seaport office).