Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:24:01 -0600
From:         Jim and Melody Sperl <JiMelody@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Adventurewagen information wanted
Comments: To: Lee Kouns <LeeKouns@WEBTV.NET>

Lee, You can't go wrong with the Adventurewagon... Once you get past the less than sexy look. The workmanship and usability of the conversion is excellent. Generally woodwork is teak, however ours is oak/oak vinear. You'll appreciate the furnace, bigger fridge, large fresh water, gray water tank, tons of extra permanant overhead storage while traveling, and a good bed below. The top bunk is best for kids - or when your Grandparents are sleeping below and you and the wifey are forced above with your 2 year old, your 4 year old is on the floor and you're parked behind a gas station in the Czech Republic. The insulated hardtop combined with the furnace has been good for our family with snow and 5 degrees before. Standing room from the parquet floor is 6.3. The solar heated shower is nice and actually can be taken in the van. Clearly we're sold on it after 5 years, 17 countries, and 30 states. Family is growing though and we're starting to feel cramped. May just add on a side tent and get by after I look at Roadtrek style campers for $60,000 plus. We're still in the stone age without a scanner - p-mail and I'll send more info and phone. We've got a rare Syncro Ed Anderson converted (I think he did 60 syncros) out there in Ft Bragg California. (He does Ford vans now.)

Good luck in your search.

Jim 91 Syncro Adventurewagon Fairborn, OH

----- Original Message ----- From: Lee Kouns <LeeKouns@WEBTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 10:53 PM Subject: Adventurewagen information wanted