Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:37:36 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@TERPSYS.COM>
Subject:      Gerry is on the move!

Howdy list,

This Friday (8/24/01), our ListServ system (Gerry) will be down from about 5:00PM to approx midnite so that the server can be backed up and relocated back to my home office in Silver Spring. Depending on how quickly your ISP picks up the DNS updates, you may be unable to get to the server for up to 36 hours after the move (worst case).

Now that I have a DSL line back up and running, it's time for Gerry to come home with me. Having Gerry in the home office will also make it easier for me to administer and update the server (donations page is *way* out of date). It will also make it possible for me to replace Gerry's hardware in the next few weeks.

You may remember that back in March, Gerry disappeared from the 'net when Northpoint's DSL network went dark. Since then, he has been graciously hosted on my employer's network. It might be nice for you to send a "thanks" message to my boss, Ed Woods (ewoods@terpsys.com) if you get a chance.

The only downside of this relocation is that whenever it rains *really* hard in Silver Spring, there is a chance for my DSL to go down for 12 hours or so. So, until I get the "local loop" issues resolved, if you can't get to Gerry check the Weather Channel!

Thanks,

Tom Carrington

Manager, NSS Consulting Terrapin Systems, LLC 6116 Executive Blvd. Suite 120 Rockville, MD 20852

301.770.9106 Main 301.770.9816 Fax

http://www.terpsys.com/