Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:42:15 -0500
From:         woody <vwwoody@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      my trip to the P.N.W.

Hey all, I just wanted to relay the fact that I made it home safe and sound from my trip to the Pacific northwest (ie.the Olympic peninsula).I know you were all worried.:-) I traveled 5943 miles from Chicago and back.I crossed 14 states.I had a magnificent time !!! Highlights of the trip were camping in The Badlands,Lake Baker in the northern Cascades,Sol Duc river,Walapa Bay and the steamers I had for dinner,Hiking in the Hoh rain forest etc etc etc....The '89 Westy worked flawlessly except I broke a exhaust pipe on a dirt road on my return trip near the Flaming Gorge in southern Wyoming.(no biggy).The 89 took us everywhere we wanted to go,logging roads,4 wheel drive trails etc..Once we got to the Badlands I exited the Interstates and traveled the state highways for the most part.Much better scenery and you get a real feel for the towns and countryside ! I have nothing but praise for how well the '89 performed.Having camped in split windows buses for years, the Vanagon has completely spoiled me with it's convenient design and comfortable seating.(I'm getting old,41).My only complaint,and this is insignificant to me,is the a/c didn't work.I think I'll tint the windows ! I'm starting to plan a trip to Alaska for next summer.:-) :-) :-) :-)

Any of you going to BNNTA ?

BTW. I've purchased two splitties over the last week.They are the Discover card Jerry Garcia Buses !! Painted with Garcia graphics and signed.I'll send pics. if anybody wants to see them.One's a '59 standard and the other is a '66 deluxe.

woody "keep on pushin'''

http://www.dreamwater.com/dbg Der Busbesitzer Gruppe's home page, a Neato chapter 89 westy "the couch" 66 deluxe Garcia bus 64 kombi slow (big nut) 61 panel slower (small nut) 60 westy slowest (no nut) 59 standard Garcia bus 57 oval