Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:05:52 -0400
From:         Bradley Flubacher <flubach@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: 3 prong connector on alternator
Comments: To: All of Us <weber@OWC.NET>

I have a strong suspicion that you could simply hook up +12v on one lead, ground on another, and a freq meter on the other and acheive the same thing... if not 12v, something... undoubtedly just an optical something or other that blips for each flywheel tooth that passes by it... Some day when I have too much spare time I'll probably wind up rigging something there... Anyone know how many teeth are on the flywheel?

Bradley Flubacher State College, PA '82 VW diesel westy '84 GL wasserboxer