Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:19:42 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: 88 CV Joint ?s
Comments: To: Barry Mercer <bjmercer@SYMPATICO.CA>

I used to cuss those houosings but resigned myself to the fact what hassle there is accessing the 6 or 12 point cap screws is morethan offset by the protection they give the CV joint boot while traveling. Really hard for road debri to rip up those outboard joint boots, doncha think?

Usually a well placed flashlight and a 3/8" extension bar is all I've needed to access those screws. Someone else will mention a cooler way of how to remove tham than the method I do.

Dimwitted moose and Flying Squirrel. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Mercer" <bjmercer@SYMPATICO.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:14 PM Subject: 88 CV Joint ?s