Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:27:28 -0400
From:         Matt F <moby@INFOBLVD.NET>
Subject:      Re: Need your help
Comments: To: Dan Eggert <deggert@NEW.RR.COM>

I had a scirocco 16 V act like that, poor battery ground. I used a jumper cable to make a temporary ground from the engine block to the battery(-) post. It worked like champ after I replaced the original ground strap.

Matt ----- Original Message ----- From: Dan Eggert To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 2:07 PM Subject: Need your help

Hello Everyone, Right now my van is stuck down at the local grocery store where it decided to just stop running. Last week I changed the fuel tank along with the fuel line and fuel filter. This last weekend I took it out on a 400 mile trip with no problems except when I was almost home for some reason the fasten seat belt light came on for a breif moment and the engine reved up. The problem went away. On my way out today, the van just quit for no apparent reason and then I was able toget it started again. I thought I had snubbed it out because it was when I was starting out. On my way back, as I was turning a corner, it died! When I turn the key, everything is normal, it even kicks over, but as soon as there is life it dies! Even if I try to give it gas. I am guessing that I might have a short somewhere. When I had taken the fuel tank out, I also removed the wiring harness for the heat booster and I left a few wires hanging without taping them up. When I looked at them just now, they were not touching and didn't look like they were shorting out. Any ideas as to where I should start looking? I'm getting it towed home right now so I can work on it. Thank you everyone.

Eggz

[text/html]