Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:59:57 -0700
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake Fluid Change
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>

I think the key is to flush the system well. From what I can tell, problems with DOT 5 do not show up for some time (years) - and depend on how much residual water or old fluid is in the system.

If you do a good flush, and have a good system, and replace the fluid regularly, you will most likely not experience problems. But I think the worry is that you *might* have problems.

They do tend to make the warnings dire. Better to be on the safe side than to have no brakes.

Todd '88 westy