Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Sep 2001 02:08:31 EDT
From:         Benjamin Tan <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon pictures fron today's Bug-O-Rama in Sacramento
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hello Folks,

I took some photos of Vanagons attending today's festivities. You can see them at:

http://hometown.aol.com/realsf/bugorama48.html

The page is not finished. I need to add captions once I am able to tie the vans with the owner's name. I know one or two belong to list mebers becasue I recognized them from list postings. One is the Westy from CHico with those big homemade bumpers with clear lights inset into the bumper. So if you see yourself (like DonnaS) or your vehicle, please send me an email so I can properly caption the pic. I only took the rear shots of the vehicles. Sorry but this is more of an attendance roster rather than a page about pretty Type 1, 2,& 3 vehicles and various other variants. Those pictures will be all over the magazines. Doubtful that you will see any Vanagons in those pages. NO Vanagons were shown. I should have entered. Would have been best of show.

I did take a couple of non-Vanagon photos: Donna & son and the split firetruck. I saw a split single cab pick-up running project for sale for $1200. There was a matching 1960 Deluxe Bus which was not running and slightly rusty. $1200. I can;t believe nobody bough these things. There were so many cars that went home w/o new owners today. It must be an outfall of the slowing economy.

Check out that FAAG Single Cab dumptruck from Southern California. Jim had a bunch of European T3's for sale posted on his windshield. Man the wood engine lid on this puppy was pristine. Double Cab & SIngle Cab owners know what I'm talking about.

I found a Notchback lid for $60. H-type rear apron for $6. VW/Audi blue coolant at $5 a gallon. I bought 4 gallos only becasue that was all I could carry and didn't to walk back. This fellow Brian who works at a VW dealership always has some dealership goodies there at really reasonable prices. Last May I got an Audo TT intercooler from him. I offered $25. He said no and asked for $20. He had a bunch of 993 brakes there too. I dind;t dare ask how much they were. I may have been tempted to stick them in my 2wd Vanagon.

BTW, click the photos to see the larger version. I have a few more photos to post but ran out of time tonight. I wanted to get these pics on line while it was still the same day as the event.

Have a good rest of the Labor Day Holiday.

BenT