Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:13:26 +0200
From:         OOMKES Robin <robin.oomkes@SWIFT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water reservoir level sensor float? (87 Westy)
Comments: To: harald_nancy <harald_nancy@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

harald_nancy wrote:

> Probably would help if you get the water out of the float, > and reseal the hole. I would try to use some abs or pvc cement, > the stuff used in house plastic plumbing (pvc, cpvc or abs pipes). > Harald > '90 westy

Someone on this list once suggested using aquarium glue for this. The reasoning was that if something as death-prone as a goldfish can survive aquarium glue, then certainly a human can!

I don't remember who wrote that but it was put so well that I still remember it.

Regards, Robin 90 Vanagon Atlantic TD (with new water float assembly from VW dealer...) The Netherlands