Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:03:45 -0300
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: 84 Westfalia Refrigerator noise...? (continued)
Comments: To: Michael Sheridan <msheridan@IGC.ORG>

M2CW is that when you turn 'on' a room fan you know the "normal" sound of a fan pushing air, and when the fan blades are hitting the fan cage, you know something is wrong. IMHO no fan should be making a "grinding" (your word) noise - just a fan/air noise. My guess is that the fan blades are hitting something back there - a wire, or a fin, or a kid's toy. And Yes, the fan is on a thermostat and can come 'on' whether or not the fridge is lit. Malcolm