Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Sep 2001 22:18:15 -0700
From:         David Richoux <tubaman@WOMBAT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mercedes Sprinter sighting
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@juno.com>

Stan Wilder wrote: > > Just hold on a few minutes while I check my lottery ticket numbers. > The Sprinter James Cook > I'll bet that baby is over 40K in US bucks. > > Stan Wilder > 83 Westfalia Air Cooled

But that would be cheaper than a new Rialta and I think easier to drive & use. Yes, a new quality Westy (Mercedes or VW) would be expensive when compared with a 20+ year old VW design (but as I recall the list price on my new 1983 wasserboxer Westy was something like $18-20K and inflation has been crankin' since then...)

Anyway, we can dream a bit, yes?

Dave R > > On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:49:31 -0700 David Richoux <tubaman@WOMBAT.NET> > writes: > > Dan Snow wrote: > > > > > > Look at: > > > http://www.sprintersavvy.com/ > > > I had them send me a brochure. It is nice. Why oh why do the > > Europeans get > > > cool stuff first? > > > > even better (or worse because we cannot get it in USA ) - check out > > the > > Westy Sprinters at > > http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/rv/jamescook/default.htm (and back up > > that site to other small Mercedes RVs)