Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:46:36 -0400
From:         Michael Nichols <msnichols@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hoses on fuel injectors
Comments: To: Jefforys@AOL.COM

10:35 PM Hello from Atlanta, Ga. Yes, the hoses are replaceable, but you need to use a Dremel tool with a teeny cutting wheel to slice through the metal crimp that holds the factory installed hose on to the injector. It is not hard to do this, and really takes only a few seconds. The Demel tools have a speed control so you will not need to use it on Warp 10. If you just slightly knick the injector body whilst cutting off the band all is well---just do not cut through the injector, as it is plastic. Ken Wilford at www.Vanagain.com sells all the parts and hoses for this in a wonderful and very nicely priced kit. It is a must that you remove the injectors from the car, drain and air dry them so that all combustible fumes are absent, and then put the injector in a bench vise so as to stabilize (hold still!) the unit whilst you make the tiny cut . Oh yes, wear safety glasses or goggles when using the Dremel cutting wheel. I have reworked 8 injectors to date. Good luck!

Regards,

Mike and Christy Nichols 2--'81 air cooleds ----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Schiebel <Jefforys@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 8:58 PM Subject: Hoses on fuel injectors