Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Sep 2001 05:18:51 +0200
From:         Jutta & Christian Knust <knust-net@GMX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Power Steering Questions - News
Comments: cc: ron@busdepot.com

Re: Power Steering Questions - News vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM ron@busdepot.com

>If you called Customer Service (rather than the toll-free order-desk >number), the person you spoke to should have been able to find this out >for you if he didn't already know it. (...) >If you call Customer Service and can't get the answer you need, you can >either ask for Dan, the store manager, or email Jerry at sales@busdepot.com, >both of whom are quite knowledgeable about most of the parts

Hey Ron, thanks for your reply. I definately punched in VWVW, not BUSDEPOT, so I called the Customer Service. I got the answer "I have no way of knowing who the remanufacturer is", which was for my European ears a clear message. I expect that anyone answering a phone in a company does in fact represent his company and would find out if he does not know what the guy on the other end wants to know, without me asking for his boss and by doing so basically insulting his or her intelligence and service-orientation. After all, this is the U.S.A., the holy grail of customer service for all Europeans. I did not think much of it first because I called BusDepot pretty much first thing, but when I later noticed that even the not-VW-oriented guys at the big part chains easily did come up with the remanufacturer's name I started to wonder. Well, I would obviously buy ZF products anytime since there's not much better quality anywhere else, but as you noted, it's a price issue. If they in fact ask more than $480 for a remanufactured job, then I'd buy their new stuff directly from VW.

Thanks again Regards Chris

-- GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet. http://www.gmx.net

-- GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1! http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a