Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:06:34 EDT
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: South African parts For Sale.....
Comments: To: jscohen@sprynet.com

I I clipped and commented on some of James SA stuff I have brought. If you don;t get that far in this post, I love the stuff and am ordering more.

n a message dated 9/9/2001 11:01:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jscohen@SPRYNET.COM writes:

> > Leather Steering wheel..........................$295 > Really cool looking padded leather. Makes you feel like you're > driving a Porshce....(well, not quite I guess!). Two thick spokes > angle down in an inverted "V". Comes with horn button. Needs no mods > to fit. About same diameter as US power steering wheel 16.75" but is > .75" smaller than US NON PS wheels. (I don't think it really would > make much difference). Comes in Black only.

I've seen one of these. They are way cool. I don't own one yet, but I'm ordering one. The one I saw was spoken for or I would have bought it.

> > Extreme Heavy Duty Mud Flaps (set of 4)...........$195 > OEM on new SA Vanagons these are super heavy duty. Not like the > flimsy "clip on" flaps VW sells here for $360+ a set. Includes > mounting hardware. (drilling some screw holes is necessary).

These mud flaps absolutally rock. I bought a set from James last year. They're solid. They do away with that hand granade of stones that hit the lower regions of your bus when you drive through gravel or stuff gets kicked up from the road. They mount IN the fender well like mud flaps should not 4 inches behind the fender like the dorky mudflaps VW offered as an option in the states and came in front of the propane tanks on the westy. They mount easy and they fit the contours of the body. I have never seen these mudflaps offered anywhere else in the US. They are not the SA flaps others have offered here. I highly recommend them especially for those who camp and drive on unimproved roads. Why are you still reading this? Order a set of these while they last. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

> SA Quad Grille Replacement Lights...............$75 (pair $135) > Replacements for broken INNER lights or for grilles that didn't come > with the OEM lights. Includes mounting "bucket". These are made by > Hella and are Driving beams (not Fog lights). Left or Right is > available. OEM VWSA (does not include grille ;) ) > Yes. The hellas with correct mounting bucket is a must if you have the SA grill. They have adjustment screws for correct aiming. And they're Hella.

I clipped and commented only on the products I've purchased from James. It doesn't mean the products not included from his post are not good--I just have no first hand experience with them. It DOES mean that I have done business with James and commented only on the products I've purchased and I've been pleased with them all.

Now for the disclaimers. James isn't my brother-in-law. I have no financial interest in any sales he makes. I am merely passing on my good experience with him and the parts he brings into the states. I met him a few times in NY back when I lived in the real world and he's not lying--he is a VW nut. I also purchased a SA grill from him.

Any questions lemme know.

Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA

what follows is contact info for James: