Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:37:10 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: ??Where Don't I Get Good Frt. Whl. Bearings??
Comments: To: JKrevnov@AOL.COM

>> It is generally considered appropriate to contact the vendor >> directly FIRST, and then the list SECOND only if the vendor fails to make a reasonable >> attempt to solve the problem, rather than the other way around.

> I did contact you FIRST. When I discovered that you shipped me a bearing > which was NOT AS REPRESENTED to me.

Yes, a year ago, when you first received it, you contact me to say that the factory-sealed Febi box labeled "Germany" contained a bearing made in Spain. I immediately offered you a full refund (which you declined). But we are taking about your email now, not a year ago.

Not only did you email the list, not me, but you didn't even bother to COPY me on your email; you sent it ONLY to the list. I learned about the issue only by reading it on the list. Still, I immediately offered you a warranty exchange, even though you had actually never emailed me about the issue at all.

I have already responded to your complaint and offered a resolution, despite the inappropriate and roundabout way that it was delivered to me. If you would care to p-mail me with any further questions, completely off-list, I will be happy to respond to them. But if you want to drag this on on-list, you will have to do it singlehandedly.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com