Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:15:21 -0700
From:         Garth Woolstenhulme <garth@RGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Stick to Vanagons?
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

Hi All,

I also disagree. I have been a member (frequent reader, infrequent poster) to this list for about 5 years. Over that time I have became 'friends' with many people on this list, many whose postings I look forward to reading. I have corresponded with James Cohen several times over the past 3 years (buying his SA VW parts), and and knowing he lives in NYC I kept checking my email right up to bedtime last night to see if he checked in to say he was all right.

Yesterday was not an ordinary day. When was the last time so many US citizens lost their lives on US soil at one time, especially in such tragic and senseless circumstances? Give those that hurt a break. I've had a sickening feeling in my stomach ever since I first heard what happened. If we cannot share our hurt at this time among our 'friends' than what good are friends?

I also appreciated hearing from those in other countries that expressed sympathy. We in the US are blessed, and I feel we have tried to help people in other countries when they have had times of trouble, and yet the US continues to be the focus of so much hate from around the world. It was very hurtful to me to see photos of those in Lebanon and in the West Bank cheering at the tragedy. It's good to hear from friends.

Garth

Karl Wolz wrote: > > I feel that I have some good friends on this list, even though I've never > met any of them in person. I'm sure you're not heartless, but choose to > express yourself differently than some of us.