Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:04:13 -0400
From:         "Carlen, Gregg" <Gregg.Carlen@DYNCORP.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon security?
Comments: To: van man <vannman99@YAHOO.COM>

I agree about the thieves getting in if the really want to. I've been broken into 3 times now. Twice were vandals taking stuff from inside the van. The third time, in NYC, they not only took the stuff inside, but stripped everything that wasn't bolted down (including some things that were, e.g. wheels, seats, tables, stereo, side mirrors). I put an alarm in and haven't had trouble since. I also don't leave it in 'less-than-desirable' places. So far, no one has tried to steal the van, just the stuff inside and parts.

Gregg 85 Westy (Vonya), 204k, all parts on now

-----Original Message----- From: van man [mailto:vannman99@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 1:47 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: vanagon security?

If they want to get in, they will get in. Its simple to break in thru the sun roof. Ive done it before in seconds when ive looked my keys in. Last year while travelling across the US, we got broken into in DC. The bastards broke the triangular wind window and just reached thru to open the lock manually. Lost tons of climbing gear, guitar, 80 cd's...

An alarm might help, but alarms also alert stero thieves that there might be a nice stereo inside.

jg --- Brian Scotto <bscotto@UREACH.COM> wrote: > One of my big worries about going xcountry is the > security of > my stuff in the van.. What are some things people > would > recommend for security.. i was thinking of > installing an alarm > and a kill switch... and i am getting a popoff wheel > (swivel > all the way around) anyway what have you had > experinces with. > > > brian scotto > 82 diesel (soon to be 2.0l i4) > > ________________________________________________ > Get your own "800" number > Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more > http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/