Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:43:39 -0700
From:         "Sean B." <vgonman@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      TIICO Belt issue. Van has P/S, but not AC.
Comments: To: Vanagon-EngConv@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com

As many people have said, life does go on, even after something as big as what happened in NYC and DC. My father and I were originally going to be travelling back east this weekend, but have decided to cancel our travel out of consideration for others who may have more pressing reasons for travel than us.

Thus I will be home this weekend and hopefully taking steps to get my TiiCo conversion closer to completion. The biggest stumbling block I have run into is the belt issue. I will not be installing my dead AC compressor on the new motor. The problem is that the remaining three items (H2O pump, P/S pump, and ALT) all line up with the outer pulley groove on the crank. I have been told that there is a spacer that can be removed from the H2O pump pulley to set it in line with the inner crank pulley groove, but then how do I get the P/S pump pulley also lined up with the inner crank pulley groove? The instructions that came with the kit show that the crank, H2O pump, and P/S pump are supposed to use one crank pulley groove, and the ALT is to use the other crank pulley groove.

Is there anyone that has done the TiiCo install that can let me know how to make this configuration work? pictures of belt arrangement would be great.

All I have to do to get this TiiCo on the road are the brake booster line from intake manifold to firewall, the fuel rail/injector issue, the belt issue, and the exhaust installation. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Sean B. '90 V'gon, "Happy Bus", pseudo Wolfy Torrance, CA HTTP://www.vgonman.com