Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:21:43 -0700
From:         Michael aka ECHO <echosmurf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: From Seattle..(No Van Cont)

Don't forget: Falwell, Robertson Blame U.S. Religious Values for Terrorist Attacks

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/World/Religion_News/

Michael --- Don Hundt <dhundt@PCEZ.COM> wrote: > Gee, thanks Malcolm, > Now that you have pointed out to me that I am an ignorant, > arrogant, > isolationist bastard my mind has been changed. You're right, > the wholesale > slaughter of thousands of my fellow citizens was entirely > justified, not the > pointless, barbaric, horrible act I originally thought it was. > > I guess I'm gonna have to fly overseas and collect me a bunch > a them there > foreign newspapers to see what a terrible country I actually > live in. The > news we get here is just all rainbows, unicorns and funny > pages, nothin' > like them crazy things you was talkin' about. You folks what > live in other > places sure know what you're talking about, thanks for lettin' > us in on it. > > Oh, yeah, thanks for all the compassion you showed, as well, > you really > proved that people who live abroad are better than us. > Don > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 4:55 AM > Subject: Re: From Seattle..(No Van Cont) > > > > america is the KNOWN author of suffering, america is > > the "monster the beast, the unspeakable bastard" to many > > people in the world. If america read the international press > > and paid attention to the world events and news and > > opinions then this act would NOT be shocking. > > america's isolation makes news from outside - shocking. > > > > america is mad? Well, much of the world is MAD at > > america! So now america wants the world's help???? > > > > Where was america when the international community > > wanted america's help in signing the Kyoto accords??? > > http://www.stanford.edu/group/wais/environment_kyotoacc > > ords33001.html > > Bush did not want to "damage american industry". > > What about 'damage' to people of the world??? > > > > Or try: > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_138 > > 7000/1387075.stm for ONE international view. > > > > GOD BLESS AMERICA > > > > Where is america when people want america's help to > > stop the carnage inflicted on innocent people by > > landmines?? http://www.icbl.org/news/2001/64.php > > > > In 2000, the number of people KILLED by landmines was > > DOWN from 26,000/year to 10,000 to 15,000 PER YEAR > > http://www.icbl.org/news/2001/84.php > > > > That is one (or 2) WTCs every year!!! aided and abetted > > by "america's" lack of action, lack of resolve to stop this > > form of terrorism & america's capitalist 'right' to make a > > aprofit off of other people's suffering. When americans > > are killed, america doesn't like it -- how sad. > > > > If that is not enough: the anti-tobacco folks have been > > saying for years that EVERY DAY in the US the > > equivalent of FOUR jumbo jets crashing is how many > > people die (daily) from tobacco. Have you been crying for > > these people, demanding to "Nuke" the terrorist > > perpetrators (the shareholders!)?? > > > > GOD BLESS AMERICA > > > > Were is america when people are trying to stop the > > carnage inflicted on innocent people by american made > > handguns sold internationally. > > http://dmoz.org/Society/Issues/Gun_Control/Anti- > > Gun_Rights/ > > > > In many international places "america" is seen as THE > > terrorist nation; aiding and abetting - perpetrating - > > terrorism on the rest of the world through poisoning the > > air we breath, landmining the ground we walk on, > > exporting products that kill and maim innocent people. > > > > Tuesday america tasted some of what goes on EVERY > > DAY in many parts of the world and america cares so > > little that these non-american events do not even make > > the american news. america may now learn that > > america is part of an international community and, that > > what is needed is american co-operation - not american > > ideological arrogance & ideological isolationism. > > > > GOD & AMERICANS BLESS AMERICA, few other > > people will or do. > > > > Malcolm Stebbins (who has lived overseas for many > > years) vanagon owner > >

===== MY first VW! 1980 Vanagon L "D'Arius" LOOK a picture!!!http://www.geocities.com/echo207/vanagon.html Need any general computer help? Computer blonde? E-mail: echo207@excite.com and I will see what I can do to help. And a DEAD 84 buick Skylark (Going to see if I can jump the California Aqueduct before this Christmas....) 78 Toyota Corona

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/