Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:08:39 -0400
From:         Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine shot? Odd compression readings
Comments: To: Steve Sullivan <steveis@SPEAKEASY.ORG>

Steve

How did you adjust the lifters? It's been determined that we should leave them looser then originally called for. The reason is so that they can bleed themselves of the air. Boston Bob Daniels recently sent a post about it. Craw back under your van and instead of 2 turns after contact or whatever it was, stop right there or one half turn more. Search the archives and for more specifics.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Sullivan" <steveis@SPEAKEASY.ORG> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 1:44 PM Subject: Engine shot? Odd compression readings