Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:44:59 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Fwd: Sadness (NO vanagon content, current tragedy related)
Comments: cc: quattro@audifans.com

i usually dont send anything like this to the list, it not being friday, and especially as we're trying to resume our "regularly scheduled programming" :< ) but someone forwarded this to me and it made me think. i am not biased in either way, i just thought that many of you as Americans (and our foriegn listmembers too) may find this interesting.. please, no threads, just read (or not) and delete.. just something to think about..

------------------------------------------Fwd:Forwarded message: Sadness..

Grief seems to have taken hold of me, or perhaps fear. I feel sick today. The sorrow overwhelms. I keep thinking of the sadness of old people who have lived through WWII, and of young people, who have never known war. Innocence lost.

And I know that this country has created among many nations the enemies we now face. By our policies and politics and greed we have armed tyrants, murderers. We and our allies have grown fat at the expense of those who might have been friends if only we had taken the time to learn and understand.Who thought the Gulf War was for anything other than oil?  At the end of this century the oil will be gone, but what cultures will remain? What people are God's chosen?  Are we not all the same?

The seeds of hate are planted far and wide. Where to stop killing? Where to stop hating?  In God's name millions of Americans are praying for vengance even as our enemies are praying to God for vengance.  We and They teach hate to our children from the moment they are born. In God's name fantatics murder and enslave and  dominate their fellow beings...The terrorist, the bigot, the racist... God is love, and I am sick of  man's hate...

Look in your mind's eye at the many colors of the dead. How many Americans have to die before we remember the dead in Africa, in South America, in Kosovo? The many races, the many faiths. What more powerful symbolism do we need?  How can we look into the eyes, into the hearts of our fellow beings, and not love them all?  I must be the one insane.

-anonymous-

[text/html]