Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:36:34 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: transmission, entering first
Comments: To: Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>

I just went through this same situation, which cropped up on a quick trip to California. After fiddling with the linkage a bit,I realized that I had a lot of play in the rear shift linkage bushing (the one that bolts onto the tranny).

I haven't attempted a repair as of yet, but suspect that the added play at the rear end of the linkage could have a lot to do with the problem.

I was also able to adjust the fulcrum plate enough to make the problem go away, at least temporarily, but that bushing will be replaced pretty soon.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Townsend" <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 5:23 AM Subject: Re: transmission, entering first