Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:41:10 -0600
From:         Rachel Cogent <Gnarlodious@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Seeking warmth in my Westy
Comments: To: "Royston, Jerry" <gmr@obpa.usda.gov>

Well let's see. If an electric blanket uses 180 watts and you sleep 8 hours that is 1440 watts. Assuming a 75% duty cycle if it is very cold but you have other blankets over the heater that is 1080 watts. The average inverter is 80% efficient so that brings it up to 1296, lets say the original 1440 to be liberal. That is 1440 watthours. If 1440 / 12 volts =120 amp hours is true, and I think it is then the average battery should do it. Actually having a 12 volt electric blanket would be very cool....er, warm I mean. An added bonus is that you don't have the AC next to your bod with the DC thereby preventing cancer.(if you believe the fearmongers) Where can I get one?

Rachel http://www.gnarlodious.com

Entity Royston, Jerry spoke thus: