Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:12:54 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: vote for new microbus
Comments: To: tubaman@WOMBAT.NET

My 83 Westy is exactly what I need. No car payments. $300.00 annual insurance rate. High ground clearance. Ugly enough that it doesn't get stolen. Sits tall enough that I get to see some leg once in a while. Doubles as a truck quite often. Gets me around at about 18-20 MPG city and not any better/more at 65-70 Mph. Stays packed for a quick getaway to the lake or just camping. Over seven years of ownership I consider it the most practical and economical vehicle I've ever owned. I bought a new car every two or three years for the last 35 years and the names run the alphabet but this Westy and my 86 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon are the only vehicles that have held my respect for quality for such a long time. To cap it off: If you really hate somebody you can put them in punky little Westy back seat, that'll teach em about discomfort pretty quick.

Stan Wilder

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:45:16 -0700 David Richoux <tubaman@WOMBAT.NET> writes: > Debbie Walters wrote: > > > > You can also send in your opinion at VW's web site. I did this > about a > > month ago. I don't like the new micro-bus, it's a yuppie bus with > video > > monitors and game boys installed in the backs of the seats, etc. > Even a > > small video camera mounted over the back license plate that is fed > to a > > monitor that comes out of the ceiling by the driver. > > > > deb > I agree - there is a lot lacking in the overall design. A few years > ago someone sent > a concept sketch to Road & Track of the front of a "New Beetle" > grafted onto a > Splitty - it actually looked quite good ! There was a balance and > spark in that > design that would be worth developing. The "Bulli" seems more like a > high school > sketch that went wrong... > > Dave Richoux > > Oh, yes - since it is Friday > > A few weeks ago someone complained that the Mercedes/Freightliner > Sprinter looked > like a "typical delivery van" or words to that effect. What does he > think the VW > Microbuses, Vanagons and Eurovans are?

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.