Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:23:31 -0700
From:         Leon Korkin <korkwood@WSHOST.NET>
Subject:      Re: From Seattle..(No Van Cont)
Comments: To: harald_nancy <harald_nancy@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

harald_nancy wrote:

> As reservists are being called up, one has to face the sad reality > that things have changed for us, whether we are left wing, right wing, > green party or corporate executive. > Powerful adversaries have suddenly attacked while remaining invisible. > An attack of this magnitude must have been brewing for some time, > and doesn't appear to be a result of some recent American flawed policies. > The attackers were not negotiating, but were intent on destruction > and demoralization. > Publicly no one has taken responsibility, or told us what > they want changed, which makes the whole catastrophe seem pointless. > Someone is at war with America and her allies, and we > don't even know with certainty which groups or nations are involved. > What are they trying to achieve, since they are well aware America > and her allies will defend themselves?

Well, it is clear what they are against. Global business and USA military. Of course they know they can't win the war but are very happy to inflict damage. I think their goal was not so much killing people but destroying the symbols of the mighty global business and military machine- WTC and Pentagon. We are always very surprised at these kind of attacks but should've known better and of course our knowledge of the real world is very inadequate. Just look at news coverage. You may come to conclusion that USA is the only country in the whole world and absolutely nothing is going on anywhere. Sure, once in a while we find out there is Yugoslavia, Russia, Cuba, Macedonia, China etc. But soon all returns to "normal". What we realy need badly is good intelligence capable of finding the "brains", financing banks and management of those terrorist groups. Shooting guided missiles or smart bombs will not help much. Leon 85 Subwagen Westy