Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:45:57 -0600
From:         Blake Thornton <thornton@MATH.UTAH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: roof racks for Westy with NO DRILLING
Comments: To: wolfgang <wolfgang@PIPELINE.COM>

I have these towers too. I originally bought them to do it without drilling for my bike and I had planned on putting then above the luggage rack. My plan was tha the bikes could sit there and the top could still go up and down.

I was totally excited when I put them on and everything looked great. I then went to shut my drivers side door and the clearance wasn't for the door to shut without fiddling with it. So, I put the racks above the poptop and left them there for a while. I finally drilled the holes and my rack is now bolted to the roof.