Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:50:07 -0500
From:         Jason Stevenson <jstv4man@HOME.COM>
Subject:      FS:  1984 Vanagon

To all interested list members:

I have a 1984 7-passenger Vanagon that the wife says has to go.

It is overall in very good shape, but with one small problem which I haven't the time or money to solve.

It has had the A/C overhauled 2 months ago, new heads about 6 months ago, a rebuilt tranny (manual) installed about a year ago, new tires 2 months ago, a new S&S exhaust system a couple of weeks ago, and other smaller general fixing up in the year I've owned it. The problem is that after installing the exhaust system, it has been running rich. I have applied my (admittedly very limited) mechanical skills to solving the problem, but as of yet haven't been able to. My wife forbids me to spend any more on it, since we're already very upside down financially on the vehicle.

So...I have to sell it.

The van is red/white, with tan interior. The paint is in pretty good shape considering that it is original. There is no rust. The interior is in excellent shape. I have receipts and service records from the time I bought it. Overall it is a good vehicle, but I don't need an extra toy right now, and I really need a car that gets better mileage anyway (I was averaging 18-19 b4 the rich-running problem).

The Vanagon is located in North Texas (Arlington, to be specific). I do have photos, and will be happy to supply them to prospective buyers. Asking price is $2000 obo. Please e-mail me if interested.

Thanks- Jason Stevenson

[text/html]