Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:35:55 -0600
From:         Doran Brown <doran@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Uhh-Ohhh, better get...

Hi All,

Been lurking for about a year since I picked up our 81 Westy and have gleaned much from you guys. Our Westy was originally Brown, then some sort of Maroon Metalflake when we got it which was hideous. After removing the interior, cleaning it up, reassembling with home-made headliner, cushion upholstery and door panels, painting the top with gloss white oil based equipment enamel we had little money -- ($300.00) left over. We crudely prepped the body with naval jelly, spot filler and elbow grease, brought it to Maaco and asked them to do the best they could for $300.00. For the money I can't complain, it won't win any shows but after a year it's still shiny and at a 100 feet looks great! (to me!)

Doran

65 Bug - Hugbug 81 Westy - Shickley 72 Mercedes 220d - Patton 76 Mercedes 280c - For Sale do I have to list them all?