Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:24:38 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1l Vanagon Main Bearings Available!!!

> Finally I got some of the standard 2.1l Main Bearings for the Vanagon. > These things have been out of stock forever. I would advise anyone > who is even thinking about rebuilding your Vanagon within the next year > to buy a set now as who knows when I will be able to get more.

I have these available too, for the same price. It seems Kolbenschmidt has finally resumed shipping, as all of the wholesale suppliers seem to be getting them at once. I will also have 10 over bearings very soon, as they are also available again.

Availability may be tight for a short time, to fill backed-up demand (I only have about a dozen sets myself at the moment). But personally, I see no reason to expect an ongoing problem once the pipeline completely fills up, at least for the forseeable future. They didn't resume production just so they could make a few hundred sets and stop again. I do know a couple of distributors who got hundreds of sets (although their prices are too high, and probably will remain so until it occurs to them that everybody else got them too. :-) So while I'd advise you to move quickly if you need them soon (before the first shipment's gone), I'm not sure I concur with Ken that it's neccessary to stockpile for projects that are a year down the road. Of course, no one can predict the future, so don't hold me to it. : -)

Part number 025 198 461A . Our website doesn't update for a couple more days so it won't be back on there 'til sometime over the weekend or Monday, but in the meantime you can order toll-free.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders Only: 1-866-BUS-DEPOT