Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:24:05 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Squealing Brakes

Hi All,

I've got a similar problem with mine. I replaced the pads last year with the Napa lifetime warranty pads. After a year they were squealing and grinding. I tried cleaning them a few times and reapplying the stop squeak but no luck. So I took them back and got a new pair. The grinding went away but the squeal remains. I am beginning to think ye ol vanagon would like the old fashion kind of pads that have nothing in them and only cost about $15. which is about where I am at.

Jere 90 GL 88 GL

P.S. Leaky tanks fixed! And it only took three tries.