Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:02:36 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Any Fiat Spider owners out there?
Comments: To: davesov@hotmail.com

One of my neighbours had one when I was a kid, (yes it was a FIAT

Thanks for saving my butt Dave. I know a Fiat when I see it on the horn button. Had a few other weird cars: Crosley. American Bantam Singer Sunbeam Station Wagon Willis 39 Mercury Convertible 61 Morgan with the Maple Covered Frame 56 Mercedes 190 SL 1/2 Dozen Chevy trucks with the corner windows 1965 Corvair Coupe, 110 HP auto with Factory Air (my sons first car, lasted him almost 90 days, but I drove it for ten years before). 1966 Corvair Coupe, 180 Horse Turbo (couldn't keep a clutch in it) 71 MG Midget great fun car, brakes were dangerous. New 58 Volvo P544 ? Several 32 Ford Coupes 56 VW with the split rear windows Several dune buggies 28 Ford Roadster with Boxed Frame 365 Horse 327 Corvette L82 I believe 1989 Jaguar VanDenPlas with a always leaking rear main bearing seal. Then the heavy metal starts with: A fuel roadster (worlds record with a 301 Chevy, Enderly injectors) Driver Kenny Burnstein AA fuel roadster (2) (1 it became the AA when we stuck a blower on it.) Driver Kenny Burnstein AA fuel dragster (4) Driver Kenny Burnstein AA fuel funny cars (3) Woody Gilmores Praying Mantis frame on one of them. Driver Kenny Burnstein Kenny sure broke a lot of parts.

Stan Wilder

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:19:41 +0100 Dave Sovegjarto <davesov@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: > One of my neighbours had one when I was a kid, (yes it was a FIAT, > we used > to call them bubble cars in the UK) drove to far into his garage > one day so > he couldn't open the door. They didn't have reverse either so he > was stuck > there until his wife came home and pushed him out. > > Dave Sov > Ireland > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Ben T" <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:49 PM > Subject: Re: Any Fiat Spider owners out there? > > > > In a message dated 10/5/01 11:26:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > > wilden1@JUNO.COM writes: > > > > << Way back in 1965 I had a Fiat. It was the one that had the > front and > only > > door that swung out in front of the car. The steering column > swung out > > when the door opened. It had narrow rear wheels. It was a real > neat > > little vehicle. I made a nifty profit when I sold it, got it for > $35.00 > > sold it for $50.00 the same week. >> > > > > > > Stan, > > > > It sounds like you are talking about an Isetta. Did Fiat ever made > those? > I > > know BMW made them under license later. > > > > BenT > > > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.