Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:59:46 -0500
From:         Bill Johnson <bjohns2k@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: New to List, Best Bus?
Comments: To: Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@HOME.COM>

I think that 90% of knowledgeable Wasserboxer owners look at a conversion. We all balance the cost between a rebuild and the conversion. If there was a boxer engine that would drop in easily, we would all convert.

Bill ----- Original Message ----- From: "Julianna Thoennes" <mumbrue@HOME.COM>

Unfortunately, they all seem to have that leaky gasket problem. I have a 90 Vanagon Westfalia, and I love it to pieces. I have two children, and a dog, that help. : ) I love the van, but the engine has serious design flaws. After all of the pain and dollars spent on my vanagon, I would still recomend buying one. I am currently saving to put a Tiico conversion in. Several people on my various VW lists recomend buying a vanagon that is in good body condition, and then convert the engine over. Currently VW is endorsing the Tiico conversion, and I have only heard satisfied comments from their vanagon owners. Don't be discouraged, and good luck on your search!

http://www.tiico.com/

Julianna 90 VW Vanagon Westfalia 76 VW Automatic Bay Westfalia 74 VW Beetle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Sell" <jsell@PHILA.K12.PA.US> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 11:19 AM Subject: New to List, Best Bus?