Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:55:11 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fancy Dash at Eurocampers.com
Comments: To: ThingGuy@AOL.COM

All,

My wife surprised me (by buying something for MY van) for my birthday and got me one of them "fancy dash". It was well packaged and was pretty easy to get it trimmed to fit in my 89 Westy Syncro. It took about an hour (because I'm an engineer) to get it to fit on the existing dash with just the triming of one edge. I mounted it with 3 screws (not supplied) and it fits great. I've been hearing a few squeeks and will put some felt cushy to keep the vibrations from driving me nuts. I plan to integrate several key VDO gauges and the Digitool LED monitor into the face of the dash. It should be easy.

Other than that this is a great addition to any Vanagons and looks like it belongs.

Thanks Steve & Eurocampers.

Joel 89 Syncro Westy MV Rochester, NY.

--- Steve Lashley <ThingGuy@AOL.COM> wrote: > In a message dated 10/1/01 2:20:22 AM, FrankGRUN@AOL.COM writes: > > << As I have posted in the archives, "fancy dash" is poorly made > and doesn't > fit > the dash of my '82 Diesel Westfalia. >> > > Frank's comments are welcome and should be considered by anyone who > is > interested in this product. > > I have plenty of customers who like this console and are very happy > with it. > The console is very popular in Europe and is seen on most T3 > campers. You > can modify it to fit the later model dash by cutting the console to > fit over > the shelf. The console should be mounted using screws which are > not > included. There are no instructions with this dash either. > > The quality of the product is good. The fit could be better and > the > cupholders could be larger. As with most of the products we offer, > you can > return them for a full refund if not satisfied (see our return > policy on the > website) > > Steve Lashley > SKL Enterprises Inc. > http://EuroCampers.com > 636-797-9015 > 636-789-2127 fax