Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:58:13 -0400
From:         "Paul A. Cianciolo" <paulc@SNET.NET>
Subject:      For Sale 1982 Turbo Diesel Vanagon( Long) Lower Price $3500
Comments: To: diesel@vwfans.com, audi-vw-diesels@yahoogroups.com

Hello Folks,

Well the deal on my other diesel van came through So I am ready to sell my Vanagon.

Vehicle was purchased at 131,000 miles so all repairs and modifications were done at that time, and are now approx 10,000 miles old

I bought the vehicle 3 years ago without the engine and transmission. So it needed to be towed home. The interior was in very nice shape as far as the seats and carpet are concerned and there are no holes in the headliner.

There are however some marks near the window where the PO had glued some Velcro to facilitate easy installation and removal of some curtains. The Velcro is gone but there are some stains where the glue was.

The windshield was cracked and has been replaced.

There are no cracks in the glass anywhere on the vehicle including the mirrors. The radiator was replaced with a new one to the tune of $400. Also new fan temp controllers were installed.

All four tires were replaced with P 205R14 Firestone MRS.

The engine is new and was replaced with a 1.9 TD that was bought from Ken Wellford. This is the 1.9 TD block with the 1,9 TD head. The 1.9TD intake manifold (used) was imported from TMS Total Mechanical services from Canada. I also bought a set of 1.9 injectors with about 30K on them at the same time. The oil filter casting also had to be ordered from Canada because the bolt pattern on the block is different and I needed the one with the oil supply to the turbo. The motor came with all the right pulleys.

The drivers side motor mount has been modified to make room for the turbo and it 2-1/2" exhaust system. all parts for the exhaust system are 14 Ga. purchased from Walker and are mandrill bent. The muffler is a large oval designed for a Chevy blazer and fits nicely across the back of the van.

There is a little wobble in the front rotors but the calipers and pads are new.

This was a Florida van and the underside is very clean. Also there is the optional heater that ran off diesel fuel but was disconnected from the system so I never reinstalled it.

The transmission is from an air-cooled gas and has a final ratio of 4.87 I believe. Before installation the transmission was brought the local tranny shop and checked for wear, and all that was needed was new seals. The 2 CV joints closest to the transaxle have been replaced.

The exterior of the van is need of paint or a good buffing and compounding. There is a small hole by the AM radio antenna that has not increased in size the 3 years I have had the van.

The drivers side rear fender looks like it was hit once scraped is actually a better word to describe it. There was also an antenna mounted here at one point so there are a couple of holes in the metal where it was attached

The front lower grill is missing.

The color of the van is light beige.

There is no radio in the van at this time but I may have something that fits,

All new belts were installed on the motor and the donor motor I used for the oil pan and etc. had new hoses on it so those are in great shape. There are 2 new 1000 CCA batteries located under the rear seat with redundant cables running to the rebuilt starter.

A K&N air filter is mounted in the air channel that goes to the side vents on the vanagon. this is sealed off from the engine compartment so it receives cool air coming down the vent. The filter is attached to the 3" air inlet system.

Injector pump is from a 1.6 Quantum and the entire engine fits nicely under the engine lid with only minor dimpling of the lid.

Asking $3500 which much less than the parts that went into this vehicle

I have JPG's available. Just email

For more information please call me 1-860-485-0355. I am located in Harwinton CT. which is about 20 miles West of Hartford and 20 Miles North of Waterbury. Please no calls after 10 PM

Thank you

I would talk to anyone about how the mods were made but I cannot do that via email since it took me over an hour to type this one message.

Paulc W1VLF

Cloudbounce Webpage http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/ Rescue Electronic Surplus http://www.rescueelectronics.com

1982 Vanagon Diesel Turbo Diesel 1.9 GE Electrak E20 and E15 electric tractors First place in local tractor pulls at 1750 LBS With Stock E-20 Electric tractor Air Rifle Target Shooting Enthusiast