Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:41:33 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: camper top  fun!
Comments: To: ebrecheen@BELLSPORTS.COM

Re; Canvass install See if one of the vendors will fax you a copy of the installation sheet. There are also picture installation in the archives. Looks to me like you need to get the pop-top fiberglass off and onto the ground. I'm sure mine is different but it is just stapled to a wood frame in the top. But very hard to get to.

Stan Wilder 83 Air Cooled Westfalia

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:19:10 -0700 Eric Brecheen <ebrecheen@BELLSPORTS.COM> writes: > Here are the 'fun' situations: I need to install the black rubber > gasket on > a 71 campervan fiberglass top and would like to know what type of > adhesive > will keep it from flopping in the wind like 98% of the gaskets I see > on the > road. > > Also: I decided I'd be stupid enough to try to install the canvas > that > connects to the fiberglass top myself. I have rough directions but > does > anybody have any suggestions besides "let a shop do it" (which may > end up > being the best advice)? > > -----Original Message----- > From: Finn Runyon [mailto:Finrun@AOL.COM] > Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 2:18 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Propane heaters > > > Waht is the current thinking on heaters...I just spent a wonderful > weekend > in the catskill mountains, snow and all, and think I may purchase > some heat. > Please forward your thinking... > Finn Runyon > 87 Westy GL (170000K) named Pooh > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.