Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:44:06 -0500
From:         Donald Welch <nobadays@EUDORAMAIL.COM>
Subject:      A Central Park
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@juno.com>
Comments: cc: Steve Sandlin <vwcarlocks@hotmail.com>,
          "Kris S. Seago" <KSeago@mail.utexas.edu>,
          Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net>,
          James Bowen <jbowen7@aol.com>, Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@aol.com>,
          Christopher Darilek <cdarilek@daxcontrol.com>,
          Charles Duvall <chuck_tejas_duvall@yahoo.com>,
          Alan Watts <alan@16color.com>,
          wetwesties@yahoogroups.com, type2@type2.com

-----I called the St. Parks.. presently this is just a day use area.

-----I am from Oregon.. home of the Wet Westies... a central location us-to-them puts us in New Mexico..... am I missing something.?

----- I would suggest we centralize for those who live in state... and have responded

>I've just posted this to wetwesties, type2 and vanagon so if anybody elseis members of other lists .... lets post to those list also.

Fine if anyone wants to join... come on down..!

------Fine idea... I think we have settled on a date: October 26-27-28. I will not have time to make up a poster...

------Lake Whitney is over 300 miles from our home and nearly that far from Houston.... not very central.

------ I know only what I see on the Parks web site about Ft. Parker State Park... but from that information...( I don't believe they have screened shelters but how necessary are they at the end of Oct.?) and the fact that it is probably the most central location.... I vote we meet there... That said I'm open but would prefer not to drive more than 200 miles +/-.

>I think we need an inventory of kids, dogs, wives etc to select the best site.

Folks..??

Let's see if we can choose a spot in the next day or two... I will then find out about reservations..

BTW.. does anyone have another email for Jason Stevenson in Arlington.. he keeps bouncing..

Thanks Don & Susan... no dogs, kids, goats, ducks......