Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:32:37 -0500
From:         Isaiah <punkerbat@VBE.COM>
Subject:      I'm kinda new around here...

Hello! I'm the new guy around here, so I'll start off with a little about myself... I'm Isaiah, from Oshkosh, WI. I'm also a member of the DBG and Buskatiers which some of you may be familiar with? I'm a mechanic "automotive technician" by trade... thats what I do for a living anyways. I've owned a number of buses in my few short years of VW addiction... my first bus (and my first car) a 71 weekender "Stella" that I still have http://www.luckyboys.com/isaiah/bus.htm A 63 standard, 65 standard, 69 weekender, and 64 Sundial worked themselves in there too...and about a year and a half ago I bought a 62 standard that I still have http://www.luckyboys.com/isaiah/62.htm I've also been on the Type2 and Vintagebus lists for a couple years, but recently unsubscribed before my trip to Buses Nowhere Near the Arch, and just haven't gotten back on. Maybe some of you from those lists are on here and recognize me.

But, my reason for hopping on to the Vanagon list is that last weekend at a club campout I found a 91 Carat that just "had to be mine" White, original engine, 145K, auto trans, and the sort-of-camper interior (table on the wall, fold down rear seat, rear facing seats, etc) I'm not sure what they call that...maybe that and all the power goodies made it the Carat...forgive me, I'm new to the "new" buses. I'll probably get the alloys too, from the guy selling it, and slap them on there. Its in real good shape, but I've to replace one of the cooling hoses on the engine as it had burst. Oh yeah, no rust either :) Living in WI I'm not used to that sort of thing. This thing is going to be a race bus compared to my others :) 2.1, I can't wait! So, I should be bringing it home in the next week or two....more then.

I'm not sure if many do this intro....but I thought it would be a nice touch.

Looking forward, Isaiah -62 Standard "Bussey" -71 Weekender "Stella" -73 412 -93 BMW 318is -74 Honda 550Four -91 Carat on the way